Wednesday, June 16, 2010

By My Bedside - 150610

So, this is the sketch that made me realise that it's a bit tricky to use the Sketchbook Pro app in the landscape format, as the image gets saved (and sent) sideways. That's why for this sketch, I ended up emailing it to myself, saving it on my computer, then using Preview (on a Mac) to rotate and re-save this image.

As you can see, I decided to do a quick sketch of what you can usually find on top of my bedside table --- a book (or more!), a lamp, some Post its (or pieces of paper), and my specs (yes, I wear 'em at home when I'm not in my "contact lens" mode)... Sometimes, you can find a pen or two and a highlighter, a mug/cup, or even a baby bottle there... And yes, I'm currently reading "Beauty" by Robin McKinley.

Oh, and by the way, I used the Pogo Stylus for this sketch. At this stage, I think it's only marginally better to use a stylus than to use the fingers. Maybe when I get used to it, it will be better. But yeah, I don't mind drawing/sketching/painting on the iPad with my fingers. The stylus helps just a bit in some cases. But, overall, art making is definitely better on the iPad than on my old Wacom Graphire tablet. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment