Sunday, June 27, 2010

Garden Visit



The more I doodle and sketch nowadays, the happier I am with this whole process, it seems. Honestly, when I first got the iPad, I thought I'd be mostly using it as a portable computer. As in, just emailing, writing, reading ebooks and files, organizing, etc. I didn't expect it to be such a great way to boost my overall creativity. I especially didn't expect it to be THE tool to help me finally get back to art making.

I've longed to digital art for a very loooonnnnggg time now. But, all the tools that I've tried in the past just never suited me for one reason or another. Now, I'm able to play with ideas and such a lot more, as it's portable and easy. And yeah, no clean-ups afterwards either.

Anyway, I really enjoyed creating this doodle/sketch I called "Garden Visit". I think it's definitely given me some ideas on what I would like to keep trying to do with this digital art making thing.

Oh, and yeah, I used the Brushes app again here, which I'm having more and more fun using. At the moment, it seems to be my "go to" sketching app of choice. Even though I did start off thinking I'd be more of a Sketchbook Pro kind of girl. Hmmm...


- Blogged from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment