Monday, June 21, 2010

Portrait Of My Boy on Tracing Paper




One of the art apps that I enjoy using on my Macbook is ArtRage. I love creating all sorts of doodles and paintings on it. And, it has this tracing paper feature that I like playing with every now and then.

So, when I found the Tracing Paper app on iPad, I thought I'd give it a go. This is the first sketch I made using the app. I'm happy with it so far. I haven't played around with it all that much yet, but at the moment, I couldn't find a way to colour the traced image within the app. I wish there was a way to do that!

For now, I'll have to try another app that will take an existing image saved in the Photos library... Then continue working on the traced image there.

I tried the Qvik Sketch app, as it would open an image there. But, I didn't like the effects that it created. And since I have very little control on the image there, I felt like it didn't quite work for what I'd like to do.

I also checked if I can use Sketchbook Pro, but couldn't find a way to open an existing image from the Photo library just yet.

Will continue to look and report here what I find.

- Blogged from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment