Monday, June 28, 2010

Photo Painting on Artists' Touch App




No, I don't really need another sketching / doodling / drawing / painting / art making app on my iPad. In fact, I already downloaded more than what I expected to get. But, I can't seem to stop myself at the moment. Every time I hear about a new app, I end up wanting to check it out.

So yeah, I heard about this app called Artists' Touch. And, I decided to give it a go.

In my first few attempts at using it, I almost immediately regretted getting it. I just couldn't figure out what's so great about it.

I mean, from a freehand painting point of view, yes, it has a couple of things that my other existing apps don't seem to have, such as different "ground" material (e.g., canvas, rough paper, brick, etc) and extra sharing features for Twitter and such.

But, the one "big thing" about is meant to be the photo painting feature, which I couldn't quite understand. Then, I used this photo, which I took using my Mini Diana camera during a trip to London. And, I watched the help video.

At first, it still wouldn't click, but I kept going and completed this photo painting. When I saved the completed piece in my iPad's photos folder, I just left it at that.

Later, while browsing the photos folder, I wondered why I saved a copy of that photo in there... Then, I clicked on it and realized that it wasn't a photo... it was the photo painting I made using Artists' Touch!

Wowsers. Now I think I kinda get it. Well, at least it gave me some encouragement to keep playing with it. :-)


- Blogged from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment