Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Streaks of Joy


Another day, another app to test. Meh.

Anyway, I've been dreaming of trying to do my favorite art style on the iPad: Mixed Media!

I was contemplating on scanning in some materials I could use, but couldn't quite imagine how I can recreate the cut, paste, draw, paint, splatter, and more that you can do in mixed media into digital format.

Enter Finger Design app. It's not quite perfect. In fact, I have a number of wish list for it's developer (including an undo and redo button, pre-set punch-out/cut shapes, and sketching/painting capabilities, among others). But, it's the closest thing to a real collage-making app I could find on the iPad.

For this piece, I ended up doing the initial work on Finger Design... Cutting out shapes, adding a background, and piecing the shapes together. Once I had my basic elements sorted out, I moved to Brushes app to put the finishing touches.

I call it "Streaks of Joy" because that describes how I feel about different aspects of my life right now. I think it's one of my favorite pieces to date.

- Blogged from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment